To upload a video to YouTube you will need to have an account. Setting up a Youtube account is free.
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- Click on the video icon at the top right hand side of the window, which can be found next to your user icon, messages, apps, and notifications.
- Click ‘Upload Video.’
- Then, press ‘select files to upload’ and find the video file saved on your computer. Or, you can drag and drop the file into the window.
- Once you have selected the video, you can now add some details. Give the video a title and a description. If you don't mention 'Hallelujah for the Front Line' in the title please do so in the description. Please include this link to Just Giving so that people can make a donation to the NHS Charities https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/hallelujah
- Choose a thumbnail. YouTube will autogenerate some images from your video that you can use as a thumbnail or your can create your own. If you'd like to know more about custom thumbnails click here
- Under audience click 'Yes, it's made for kids.' Please don't post anything that isn't child friendly.
- Click 'More Options'
- Please add the following tag, Hallelujah for the Front Line.
- Please add a recording date and location. This will help us build up a picture of where pop-up Hallelujah's took place.
- Set the 'Category' to 'Music'
- If you wish to turn off comments, you can do so where it says 'Comments visibility'. You can also turn off likes and dislikes here.
- Click 'next'.
- Ignore the video elements screen and click 'next' again.
- On visibility screen select 'Public'. If you don't do this we won't be able to see your performance.
- Click 'Save' and you're done. Your video is not published to YouTube.
You can also read more about uploading videos to YouTube here